- I’ve been working on the redesign of Art of Travel Blogging and it’s coming along really well. Still working on it but you check out what I’ve done so far.
- After nearly a year, I left Xi’an, China on July 5th and wrote a full review of the school. It was sad to say bye to China and the friends I made there but it was time for me to move on.
- After I left China, I spent one week in Seoul, South Korea. Korean Air had a free stopover so I took advantage of that before heading home to New York City.
- I managed to have replaced all my pictures from Seoul with pictures that had the same filename. #fail
- During my first week back, I got invited to Mazatlan, Mexico by the Mexican Tourism Group. Fun times that I’ll be writing about sometime next week.
- Everywhere Connection funding on IndieGoGo is about to end. Details on that coming soon.
- Art of Backpacking is looking for writers! Big move for Art of Backpacking and I’m really excited about it.
Best of July 2011 Links
Subscribe to over 140 travel blogs like Art of Backpacking in one Google Reader bundle: This is a great way to discover other independent travel blogs. If you have a independent travel blog, contact me to be included in the bundle. It’s going to keep on growing. Support it by subscribing.
Violated: A traveler’s lost faith, a difficult lesson learned- by Around The World And Back Again: She lost everything she owned in her apartment after using Airbnb. It’s sad what happened to her and I hope they catch the bastard.
Introduction to Ethiopian Food – by Go Backpacking: I knew not a single thing about Ethiopian food until I read this article. Injera bread looks delicious.
Announcing My Big Adventure – by Katie Going Global: It’s exciting to read about others who have quit their job to travel the world and Katie has recently done just that. Katie’s journey is going to be way awesome, too. She’s going to spend one year traveling and volunteering through all 15 countries of the former Soviet Union. I’m looking forward to following Katie’s adventures in this unique part of the world.
World’s Best Entrance – Exploring the Siq at Petra – by LandLopers: Matt takes on a picture tour through Siq to discover Petra. Definitely high on my wish list of places to go.
How has Technology changed the way we travel? – by Avventurosa: Great timing just as the Everywhere Connection IndieGoGo page is just about to end.
My Experiences Teaching Overseas – by yTravelBlog: Since 1997, Caz has been teaching in 5 different countries! Caz breaks it down by each location she has taught at.
The 80/20 rule of budget travel – by C’est Christine: Excellent simple travel tips on how to save money 80% of the time.
How To Travel With Your Friends (And Remain Friends Afterwards) – by Jezebel: Found on Vagabondish. They say the best way to get to know someone is to travel with them. It couldn’t be any more true.