A few people travel for business, some for marriage and many for vacation. They all have a common thing among them, luggage? Accept it or not, luggage is the most important part of a long trip. It will make your commutation easier and will save you from the stress and plenty of problems that you may encounter all because of wrong luggage. There is a difference between good journey and great journey which is heavily depends upon the choice of your luggage.
To choose the best luggage for your long trip, you need to prioritize your requirements. I have included a few tips in the article that will help you to choose the perfect love match.
If you don’t want to read along here is a video from watchmojo explaining the process.
- Choosing the right size: This is the most critical decision you need to take while buying a travel bag. You may end up overstuffing the luggage of you buy a smaller size or carrying a too bulky piece with a bigger one. Take an account of your usual stuff and the length of your vacation before you decide the size of your luggage. Moreover, if comfortable look for sizes that can fit into the overhead bin compartments of the airplanes.
- Weight of the luggage: This is another important factor you should look for. Though most of the luggage companies swear upon their luggage being lightweight but it is advised to observe its weight carefully. Ideally, a suitcase should weigh below 50 lbs so that you do need not bear the extra cost imposed by airline companies. The handbags or carry-on bags should weigh less than 10 lbs. If you tend to travel with items that are not breakable, soft sided bags are a great option.
- Choose a brand with great customer care service: You only realize the value of customer care service when you face trouble with the products. Ideally, you should realize it much before. A cheap product will initially save you from investment issues but there will be no customer care service to serve you later. Do check for how long the company has been in business before you finalize the product. Inquire if the company has a customer care support where human revert to your calls or mails. Many companies like Lucas Luggage , Skyway Bags , Mia Toro , Kiplings Luggage take their customer satisfaction at the top priority unlike big brands that just want a quick sell and no after sell services.
- Guarantee: Guarantee assures that the product will remain in good working condition for certain period of time. You may tend to buy rough luggage but the guarantee will assure that it will have a great life and will not trouble you. Even if the bag gets damaged in any condition, you would not have to bother about the extra charges. This fact makes it an important factor to look for.
- Construction and durability: The construction and durability are two factors that decide the life and quality of your luggage. Take a close look at the fabric and frame of the luggage. Also, check if it is waterproof or not. Prefer fiberglass frame as it provides maximum strength and is amazingly lightweight.
- Color and Style: Imagine standing in the crowd, looking at the conveyer belt and waiting for your luggage to arrive. You will simply love it when your luggage will stand out among all. Simply say no to black color. Go for your favorite bright colors like canary yellow, electric blue, pink or whatever. In this era of colorful and stylish luggage, many brands have launched stylish and incredible designs of hard side luggage. Your luggage is your ultimate style quotient while you travel.
- Examine the zippers, stitching and all the hardware closely: You can simply detect the quality and durability of the luggage by counting the number of stitches per inch. Look for neat and clean stitches and check if it is reinforced or not. Sloppy stitches can easily fall apart. Zippers of the luggage also need close attention. Do check if zippers can open and close without any restriction before you buy the luggage. The excellent quality zippers are free from every kind of gaps or holes. It is also important to check the zip locks and clamps of the zippers.
- Locks: Locks are an important part of the luggage especially when you are travelling at longer routes. It ensures the safety and security of your luggage. Make sure the luggage include locks of higher quality so that you do not face any problem while opening them.